Bridgestone Drive Guard
When will Bridgestone start selling Bridgestone DriveGuard?
Bridgestone DriveGuard will be introduced to the market in January 2016.
What are the advantages of Bridgestone DriveGuard tyres?
Designed for any passenger car, the innovative Bridgestone DriveGuard technology allows you to maintain control after a puncture and safely continue driving for 80 km at up to 80 km/h, until it’s safe to either repair or replace your tyre. In addition, Bridgestone DriveGuard delivers the highest rating in wet grip performance with short braking distances.
How does Bridgestone DriveGuard work?
Each Bridgestone DriveGuard tyre is engineered with a reinforced sidewall and proprietary Cooling Fin Technology, which allows it to maintain its shape and support the weight of a vehicle for 50 miles at up to 50 mph after a puncture.
Does Bridgestone DriveGuard eliminate the need for a spare tyre?
Bridgestone DriveGuard significantly reduces the likelihood that the driver will need a spare tyre.
Does Bridgestone DriveGuard have high seating pressure?
No. The seating pressure of Bridgestone tyres, including Driveguard, is below 2.75 bar, as recommended by DOT.
BRIDGESTONE DRIVEGUARD AND PUNCTURES
How will I know when I experience a puncture or start losing air in my tyres?
The TPMS should alert you.
How far can I drive on Bridgestone DriveGuard tyres after a puncture or loss in tyre pressure?
Bridgestone DriveGuard customers can drive for 50 miles at up to 50 mph.
Should I drive more than 50mph after a puncture?
No, because no tyre, regardless of its design or quality is indestructible. Bridgestone DriveGuard tyres can be ultimately rendered unusable due to a puncture or other road hazard as well as from improper pressure operation.
Are there any conditions in which Bridgestone DriveGuard tyres might not travel 50 mph after a puncture?
Factors affecting run-flat or low tyre pressure operating distance include: vehicle speed, load, and manoeuvring, the amount of pressure loss, the extent of tyre damage, and ambient temperature. Higher vehicle loads (with extra passengers or cargo) and higher ambient temperatures decrease the distance capabilities of a Bridgestone DriveGuard tyre in run-flat or low pressure operation.
What should I do when the TPMS light comes on?
• Reduce vehicle speed as much as safely and reasonably possible. Do not exceed 80 km/h.
• Avoid abrupt or aggressive acceleration, braking and cornering manoeuvers as much as safely and reasonably possible. Avoid pot holes and other road hazards. Careful driving limits potential damage to the tyre, wheel and vehicle.
• Proceed to a safe and convenient location for tyre service as soon as possible. Take note of your odometer; your operation distance is limited. Do not exceed the 80 km* in low pressure operation.
• In case the TPMS trigger is delayed (e.g. a slow loss of tyre pressure), you may have already travelled some kilometres in a run-flat condition. We recommend that you proceed to a safe and convenient location for tyre service as soon as possible once the TPMS has been triggered.
• If an unusual vibration or difficulty handling your vehicle arises, stop driving as soon as safely and reasonably possible. The tyre may be about to fail. Release the accelerator and gradually reduce speed. The tyre must be replaced before proceeding.
• If towing a trailer, stop driving as soon as safely and reasonably possible. In this condition, it is dangerous to operate a vehicle/trailer combination. If possible, disconnect the trailer and proceed as noted above. Do not continue to tow any trailer until proper tyre service or a replacement is performed.
• Do not touch a tyre recently run-low or run-flat (it may be very hot). Allow the tyre to cool before handling.
Enter your registration
What our customers think
“Yet again brilliant service - help with choosing exactly the right tyre that I needed, ended up with grabbers - brilliant grip in the snow, tested days after fitting in some of deepest snow that seen in Borders for years, the Suzuki just went anywhere and never slipped. Its brilliant on road as well no real road noise and getting all the wheels balanced and tracked means its like driving a new car - so smooth, well worth getting done. Have had all cars done here - brilliant friendly and professional service from a local firm.”
“Excellent service, as always. Wouldn't go anywhere else!”
“I required tyres quickly due to damaging one because of hitting a pothole. Angela sourced both like for like replacements but time scale was too long for delivery. She then quickly tracked down other make replacements which were fitted within 24hours. Great service and local ( to me at least ). Cannot be faulted. Thanks to all at Ostles Galashiels.”